Most Recent Update

  • Reamer Regrinding - In the near future I'll need to make a bunch of things with tight-tolerance 22 mm bores, so instead of buying a 22 mm reamer, or just boring the holes like...
    3 days ago

August 27, 2012

DPD Adjustable Laptop Stand

During the Discover Product Design Freshman Pre-orientation Program I did, our groups were tasked with creating a product to make our dorm rooms better.  My group came up with an adjustable laptop stand that raises your laptop so that the screen is in a better position relative to your head, the keyboard is at a more comfortable angle for typing, and the laptop's underneath is unobstructed, for better airflow.

The assembly we designed was cut out of acrylic on a laser cutter, and glued together wit acrylic cement.



The stand's angle can be changed by propping the stand's leg against different ridges:


The whole assembly folds flat:


Tablet mode, for those people that actually find tablets useful:






1 comment:

  1. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me to start my own BlogEngine blog now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings rapidly. Your write up is a fine example of it. find me a laptop

    ReplyDelete