After stumbling upon the bed, carriage, and tailstock from a Taig lathe, I rebuilt the lathe, making all the parts I didn't have already. This includes new cross slide and compound slide, a new headstock and spindle with integrated taper for ER32 collets, and brushless spindle motor with a DC custom power supply.
Here's the build log (and many more pictures), which will be occasionally updated as I add features like auto feed and chucks.
Encoder Autocalibration for Brushless Motors: Offset and Eccentricity - I finally got around to writing a position sensor auto-calibration procedure, for measuring the orientation of the position sensor relative to the stator. ...
3 weeks ago