Most Recent Update

  • Cross Slide, Take 2 - Man am I behind on documenting the mini lathe. My original plan for the cross slide was to anodize it like Taig does, to prevent wear and galling on the al...
    22 hours ago

August 24, 2010

Rocket Car

For a science project three years ago, I built a car powered by model rocket engines.  The first model was cut from a pine wood derby car blank, and used 1/4 A engines.  The final design I used was a modified version of a balloon powered car I built for a previous science project, with a balsa wood frame, and CD wheels.  CD's apparently do not hold up very well when spinning very fast on rough asphalt, but I had enough spare wheels to do a few launches.  Although I no longer have any of the data I recorded for the project, or any of the pictures I took of the car, I do have the video's of the launches:








On to A-4 engines:





Upgraded to B-4 engines:


No comments:

Post a Comment