August 24, 2010

Rocket Car

For a science project three years ago, I built a car powered by model rocket engines.  The first model was cut from a pine wood derby car blank, and used 1/4 A engines.  The final design I used was a modified version of a balloon powered car I built for a previous science project, with a balsa wood frame, and CD wheels.  CD's apparently do not hold up very well when spinning very fast on rough asphalt, but I had enough spare wheels to do a few launches.  Although I no longer have any of the data I recorded for the project, or any of the pictures I took of the car, I do have the video's of the launches:

On to A-4 engines:

Upgraded to B-4 engines:

No comments:

Post a Comment